When the NLI Newlong DS-9C comes from the factory the oil in the machine is completely drained. Before you start sewing make sure that the oil is filled up to the correct levels. There are 2 seperate oil baths, one at the top (a) and one down at the front (b)
The oil to be used to fill up the machine is mineral oil 22-32 cSt at 40℃ (example: Shell Tellus #32) or equal oils. Are you working in the food related industry? make sure to choose an equivelant Food grade oil such as FUCHS.
1. Main Oil reservoir (top) of the newlong ds-9c: This should be filled with 1600cc of oil.
2. Secondary Oil reservoir (front) of the NLI Newlong DS-9C: remove the black rubber stop and fill this up with 140cc of oil.
When first taking the newlong ds-9c in use, Oil should be drained and renewed after the first 1000 hours of using the machine. After the first change of oil it should be drained and renewed every 2000 hours.
DRAINING THE OIL
Draining and removing the oil from the NLI Newlong ds-9c, ds-9p etc. can be done by unplugging the tube plugs (Parts D07056) and rotating the parts C and D (part D07055) and in addition removing the plug/ Screw (D) (Part number 11G1/8NPT)
All machines in this series:
- NLI Newlong Industrial DS-9C Single thread setup (stitch 101) Easy of use and Saving of thread. (also for use with easy open)
- NLI Newlong Industrial DS-9P (otato): Single thread and Double thread. Optimized to be used in systems of potato manufactures such as UPMATIC. (single thread version (stitch 101) of ds-9P also available)
- NLI Newlong Industrial DS-9C: By far the most popular of the series. Sews a bag with 2 threads (Stitch 401)
- NLI Newlong Industrial DS-9CW: Sews with 2 needles and 4 threads and has a pneumatic cutter
- NLI Newlong Industrial DS-9A: Instead of a pneumatic cutter, continues rotating knife. ideal for a simple setup where no compressed air or electronic control box is needed is needed still benefiting from the Oil bath design.
- NLI Newlong Industrial DS-9AW: 2-needle, 4 threads. Instead of a pneumatic cutter, continues rotating knives. Ideal for a simple setup where no compressed air of complex electronics is needed still benefiting from the Oil bath design. Optional Thread pusher is available though.